+ I know it’s the weekend, but it’s never too early to get things organized for the other five days
+ I wish my backyard were bigger because this Backyard Scrabble project is begging to be a part of the decor
+ Pretty Marimekko desktop wallpapers
+ Receiving one of these balloon invitations would make me positively giddy
+ Check out Dating Brian, a social media experiment of sorts chronicling his thirty dates in thirty days
+ A brilliant idea for recycling crayon nubs with the most beautiful results
+ This 80 Penguins ad campaign had me rolling
+ Measure your attitude by the length of your skirt with these rad leggings
+ I really want to read this book (doesn’t hurt that it’s easy on the eyes)
PS: Don’t forget, you have until Monday at 9am CST to enter the Make Believe giveaway
+ Are your recipes organized? Bet these would help.
+ This Letterboard app alone makes me want an iPad
+ This free disguise kit made me giggle and click PRINT
+ I write like Stephen King
+ Contemplating this DIY frame shelf project
+ Because every summer cocktail needs a parasol
+ I love movie intros – have you seen The Pacific’s?
+ This insect hotel is nicer than places I’ve actually spent the night
+ I’ve been wanting to make jam all summer (just to be able to say I’ve made jam of course) and think these canning party invitations might be in order
+ Serious Post-It art
+ The ability to customize chocolate bars? Yes, please!
+ Summer Lasagne is on the menu this weekend
+ In love with the colors of Jeremy & Kathleen’s office
+ Quotes + Music = Music Philosphy
+ I’m smitten with these calligraphied invitations
+ Still up in the air on Tom’s new wedges
+ Swooning over these ceramic glazed tiles from Barbara Barry for Ann Sacks
+ If you’re still in morning over Lost, check out these rad graphic posters
+ Brilliantly designed Alice in Wonderland themed invitations from Jag Nagra
+ A life-like DIY crepe paper bouquet
+ Love this article about the palettes of famous artists
+ A stunning concept design for teabag coasters
• another use for my ever-growing paint chip collection, these brilliant housewarming party invitations :: Oh So Beautiful Paper
• simple paper hurricane covers for your Thanksgiving spread :: A Little Hut
• whimsical wedding programs and thank yous featuring a darling illustration :: Oh So Beautiful Paper
• super cute printable cupcake and teacup notes for the holidays (or any days) :: Creature Comforts
• modern Thanksgiving invitations that I’d love to send out :: Blonde Designs
• clever invitations to a cookie swap :: Brooklyn Limestone
• a nice collection of miniature and tabletop Christmas trees for home or work :: Apartment Therapy New York
• Under $100 Holiday Serving Platters – because everyone needs at least one :: Shelterpop
• check out these DIY pretty fabric pumpkins for a little *pop* :: Design*Sponge
A roundup of my favorites from the past week, a few printables and a wish for a Happy Weekend! Also, a reminder that you only have until Monday at 9am CST to enter Win It: THe Paper Apartment. So hop to it!
• in my family wine is a big deal during the holidays so I’m digging this Thanksgiving Wine Guide :: Sippity Sup
• enviable Thanksgiving invitations :: Oh So Beautiful Paper
• make your own coffee stencil! :: How About Orange
• don’t have a clue what to cook up for Thanksgiving? check out 172 recipes from 9 leading food magazines :: The Bitten Word
• check out the new design look on Unruly Things!
• don’t miss a week full of apple recipes :: A Field Journal
• get your mind churning over homemade holiday gifts with these ideas :: Wiley Valentine
• take a trip over to Feather Report to see my week of outfits
• a pale and pretty fall download from Ez :: Creature Comforts
• a sweet CD template and playlist suggestions for wedding or party favors :: Benign Objects
• printable pumpkin goodies :: Love. Obsess. Inspire.
• write a note on this downloadable set of stitchy stationery :: Bread of Many
• download these ABC cards and join in on a birthday tradition :: Design*Sponge
The past week has been a whirlwind of birthday awesomeness! Between my dad’s surprise visit to the best tres leches cake ever I’ve decided that thirty is pretty great so far. And thank you all once again for your warm birthday wishes – they really mean a lot.
Don’t forget, you have until Monday at 9:00 am CST to enter for a chance to win an original painting from Lisa Romero! The odds are looking like they’re in your favor at the moment, too.
And as for all the goodness floating around this past week…
• can’t wait to try this: use a waffle iron to make cookies fast :: The Kitchn
• have you seen Ellie’s amazing Halloween invitations? :: mint
• Karey’s sweet post for my birthday *gush* :: mackin ink
• this dude drew the entire NYC skyline – from memory :: a cup of jo
• great tips on how to take product shots :: poppytalk
• classically chic Halloween themed rehearsal dinner :: Style Me Pretty
And tons of great downloads… for FREE of course!
• print out these holiday mailing labels for packages going to faraway friends :: Make, Do & Send
• everyone is sick right now! choose from two get well cards :: Vale Designs
• sweet packaging labels for bath salts + hot chocolate mix :: Blonde Designs
• the cutest candy bag favors :: Style Me Pretty
• and homemade pie tags, too :: Style Me Pretty
• cup wrappers for your next get together :: Eat Drink Chic
• pretty gift tags for your presents :: Love. Obsess. Inspire.
• not one, not two, but three November calendars for you!
Hoorah! Halloween weekend is finally here (I feel like I’ve been waiting for ages…) and it’s going to be a busy one. Tonight is Greedy Girl’s costume party, then tomorrow is college football, a bake sale and trick or treating! Will you be swinging by any parties or dressing up?
+ You only have until tomorrow left to enter the 2010 Calendar Swap, so hurry up already!
+ Our calendar giveaways are about to finish up, but you have until Monday to enter the Lizard Press calendar giveaway!
+ And the Aster + Sage giveaway ends Monday morning at 9:00 CST, enter to win a sweet pouch plus one to give away!
Great posts this week…
• a great roundup of sweet Halloween printables and paper crafts (I love the owl bag topper!) :: paper crave
• fantastic + amazing Halloween mix to play in your cube or at your party :: Kitsune Noir
• beautifully intricate project to download + make your very own I Spied October game :: A Field Journal
• really pretty pink + grey wedding! :: Wiley Valentine
• scary, tasty brain cake :: Neatorama
• classy holiday dinner party invites to download for your next fall get-together :: Love. Obsess. Inspire.
• Pumpkin Week :: Sweet Paul
• brilliantly designed Creature Survival Kit invitations :: A Brooklyn Limestone
• almost time to start gearing up for the holidays! check out 35 delicious treats to make + give :: Meet Me at Mikes
Happy Halloween Weekend!
Another one in the books, kids! I spent most of the week playing catch-up from having Monday off, but it was oh so worth it. Now I’m ready for the weekend: the OU/Texas football game, getting treat bags ready for Halloween and some time spent at the dog park. Have a happy weekend!
Thinking of having a get together this fall? Take a look at this selection of pretty invites
Easy-to-make tissue paper ornament decorations to help put you in the Halloween spirit
Download this Gettin’ Hitched doorknob hanger for the soon-to-be-wed couple
Pretty Halloween art that’s sure to get a second glance
Don’t ignore your fireplace, make it stand out!
The Nice Package Shop has finally launched!
Put together a colorful leaf garland with materials from your own yard
If you haven’t already, take a look at Joanna + Alex’s picture perfect wedding
Have you been having an amazing first week of fall? I have. Here in Oklahoma we’re experiencing a lot of below average temperatures and I’m soaking up every moment! Not only did I break out the Halloween decorations (fine, that was last week), but some long sleeves, too. Have a fantastic weekend and enjoy this week’s Mad Props!
**NOTE: Don’t forget, you have until Monday at 9am CST to enter the Rachel Pfeffer giveaway to win her delicious honeycomb necklace!