I’m endlessly fascinated by food styling and photography because when it’s executed in an interesting way, well, it just doesn’t get any better. Time and time again I find I’m drawn to a certain style of the art that’s equal parts delicious and creative – I definitely want to jump into the photo and devour whatever’s on display but I’m also deconstructing just what makes it so beautiful.
Check out these tips and tricks whether you’re looking to amp up your Instagram lunch shots, an aspiring food blogger, or just love amateur photography.
- Play with light and shadow
- Experiment with interesting cropping
- Take direct overhead photos
- Play with action shots
- Show off the messy aftermath
- Display deconstructed ingredients
- Showcase the monochromatic
Posted In create, food, living, photography, series, tips + tricks