In my dream home I have an entire room as a pantry, a la Martha. But in the real world it’s about working with what you’ve got – whether that be a closet you can convert, a corner to build out, or a few existing cabinets that need to do all the heavy lifting. Or you can get creative, make it an entire wall of open shelving or a free-standing piece of furniture. Whatever the case, we all know food storage in the kitchen is a necessity, read on for some organizational tips and inspiration!
Keys to a keeping a super functional pantry:
1. Go through and clean it out regularly.
2. Use it for more than just food – serving pieces, cookbooks – if you have the space.
3. Have everything visible, or as much as possible. Risers work great!
4. Group like with like (cans, baking ingredients, etc).
5. Place the things you use most often at arm’s reach.
6. Think vertically as well as horizontally, store cookie sheets and serving trays upright.
7. Set shelves at different heights to use your space best.
8. Bring in baskets to collect dish towels and more.
9. Use glass containers to store dry goods, they’ll stay fresh longer and you’ll always know how much you have.
10. Take advantage of the inside of the door as well, it’s a great place to keep spices and food storage supplies.
via Decor Pad
Posted In house and home, kitchen, living, round up, series, tips + tricks