When it comes to creating the feel of a room the lighting is definitely a big part of the equation. Too soft and you might as well be feeling your way around in the dark, too harsh and you feel like you’re in a department store. A fine line for sure. I already mentioned that the small bedside lamp was repurposed from another room, but when it came to the ceiling fixture I wanted a bit of a statement piece. Nothing too over the top, but not your average run of the mill flush mount either.
The fixture I went with is the Possini Euro Honeycomb Chrome with Blown Glass Ceiling Light from Euro Style Lighting. I love the mouth-blown glass balls, they look like they have tiny filaments throughout and give off a gorgeous glow when lit. It’s the perfect look for this modern-meets-traditional room!
Disclaimer: Light fixture provided by Euro Style Lighting. All words and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that keep Design Crush going!Posted In house and home, lighting, my house
01/ This large-scale geometric projection in Paris is stunning.
02/ A chandelier that projects tree shadows!
03/ Epcot’s Spaceship Earth turned into an animated Mike Wazowski to promote new film.
04/ Vertigo-inducing POV footage of the spire being raised at One World Trade Center.
05/ The prettiest ad for funeral home services ever.
06/ A beautiful shimmering chain-link fence installation.
07/ Photographer Jaime Moore took photos of her daughter dresses as five historical women.
08/ Who knew cross-sections of food could be so interesting??
09/ Here is Today puts time in perspective.
10/ When a real dog is too much, Invisible Dogs in Poland is juuust right.
Click on each image to go to the project.
All photos copyright of their respective sites unless otherwise noted.
01/ A necklace of family memories.
02/ And then a giant duck floated down the River Thames.
03/ I want to swing on this art exhibit so badly!
04/ A nativity for the minimalist.
05/ Printable wrapping paper for classic video game lovers.
06/ A lamp that blows bubbles!
07/ Beautiful architectural watercolors.
08/ How babies are really made.
09/ Sculptures made of thousands of pennies.
10/ A clever Urban Shelf.
Hello! My name is Jen and I write the blog, Honey Kennedy. I’m happy to be here while my pal Kelly is immersing herself in Italian design and culture (read: I wish I was with her! Ha.). Magnifico! Brava!
I’ve been pinning a lot of design inspiration lately and thought I’d share some of the lovely things I’ve pinned. I love this season most of all! It’s all so good — the cozy fashion, yummy recipes and, of course, nestling in at home always rules. Have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for hanging out with me today. Come visit me on Honey Kennedy sometime!
1. I love this pink clouds print by Debbie Carlos. I bought one — it’s gorgeous!
2. These London Gardens earrings by Janine Arnold are so cool. And that cat looks fierce.
3. These herb drying outtake photographs from Parker Fitzgerald’s Kinfolk Magazine shoot are magic.
4. My sneak peek of a beautiful collection from one of my favorite designers, Colenimo.
5. This lavender hot chocolate recipe is so simple good. I like to add extra lavender!
6. I love this spear basket from the glorious new Ferm Living collection.
7. I LOVE this tile work by Studio Too Good. LOVE.
8. I have this wonderful lamp from Schoolhouse Electric. The craftsmanship is absolutely incredible.
9. A fantastic little polka dot handbag from Made by Hank.
10. I love this dining room from an Elle Decor Italy shoot in Saint Tropez from 2010. The chairs!
11. These Arcos earrings from Stone & Honey are so strong and elegant. Her designs are beauties.
12. I definitely want to make this Guinness beer cake this fall! YUM!!Posted In accessories, bags, create, guest post, happy weekend, house and home, jewelry, lighting, photography, recipes, wear it
As the holidays edge ever closer, the DIY gods smile down upon us ever often. Or such is the case so far this month. There have been more creative DIYs than I can keep track of, but these ten have stuck in my mind. Have you seen any great projects lately?
Click on the image to be take to the tutorial.
Posted In accessories, bags, house and home, lighting, make it, paper goods, round up, storage, wear it
Loving the T1895 concept lamp by Bernardita Marambio B. A simple printed paper shade is designed as a color-by-number that be customized any way you like. Modeled after traditional Tiffany-style lighting, I’m willing to bet big bucks on this being gads more affordable should it ever come to fruition! (via Design Milk)Posted In concept, create, grand design, house and home, lighting