Ugh. That’s really all I can say. If you noticed my absence these past few days I’m sorry. Trust that I would much rather have been working and functioning like a normal-ish human being that being cloistered in my bed. Not my house, mind you, but my actual physical bed for the past two days. I went to the doctor this morning finally and got a nice dose of antibiotics to knock whatever this is out of my system. All systems will be back to normal Monday.
• Don’t forget to enter the contest to win a set of Courtney Khail’s stationary! You have until Monday at 12 pm CST to enter and win a beautiful set of her hand-painted awesomeness!
• Vanilla Week will resume Monday which means two extra days of vanilla-y goodness! (I’m glad it wasn’t Spinach Week or something equally healthy)
• enjoy the unexpected snow that’s due to blanket the metro this evening and through the night
• miss K’s 30th birthday party (booo!)
• lay on the couch a lot
• watch tons of March Madness
• sleep for long periods of time
• in general: get better
:: photo via ffffoundPosted In happy weekend
I’d love to have a photographic record of everyday re-occurrences in my life like Leslie Sophia Lindell does in her flickr set love is everywhere.
“It started with the collecting of heart shaped rocks at the beach. I decided to document some of them. Then it seemed hearts started to appear everywhere. The only rule I have set is for them to be naturally occurring and/or accidental to count”
Some of the pieces are available in her etsy shop for purchase!
:: via pecannootPosted In blog love
If I had to pick only one style of jewelry that expressed my likes and who I am it would be Becky Kelso’s. I love wearing big stones, but in a way that’s not gaudy. Things that are polished, but not too polished are my preference in every aspect of life. And beautiful colors that don’t shout at you are completely me. Here are just a few of my favorites from her line, definitely check out her site for more!
:: via simplesongPosted In jewelry, wear it
Vanilla has quite possibly begun to take first place over chocolate in my mind. Because that’s my biggest concern in life. Wait, what? It’s not yours? I hope you work out some of your priorities during Vanilla Week.
Rum and vanilla are such a comforting combination. The warmth of the rum, the spice of the vanilla. Yumminess is sure to ensue with these Rum-Drenched Vanilla Cakes.
:: recipe and photo via Annie’s EatsPosted In recipes